Oily skin looks oily, feels greasy to touch and is prone to blackheads and pimples. Oily skin is caused by glands that produce too much sebum, resulting in skin that has a greasy slippery texture, appears shiny and frequently has large, clogged pores. This type of skin is prone to develop acne, a condition resulting from sebum trapped inside the skin.
It is imperative to keep oily skin clean and to control the excess secretion of oil. A simple but regular skin-care program coupled with a well-balanced, healthy diet helps manage oily skin and minimizes skin breakouts.
If you have oily skin, do not:
- Use soap and water to wash your face.
- Use products based on alcohol.
If you have oily skin use:
- Cleansing gel designed for oily skin.
- Toner for oily ski.
- Matting moisturizing cream for the day and normalizing cream for the night.
- Eye and neck cream.
- Peeling and cleansing face mask once a week.
- creams with UVA and UVB filters in summer.